Undocumented children in the U.S. is increasing in numbers and educational leaders
The number of undocumented children in the U.S. is increasing in numbers and educational leaders must understand how to support their educational success by addressing their unique challenges. For this discussion, you will focus on the case study “In All Fairness” in Chapter 8. This case study focuses on the controversy surrounding legal and illegal immigrant families, children and public school attendance, as well as the concept of silent tracking.
address the assigned question. Use the text and one outside source to support your response to the questions (this can also be your shared resource).
Regarding the case of Michael…
1. Why would counselors place Michael in lower track classes even after he requested that he be placed in college prep courses?
2. Is this a form of discrimination?
3. Why would these types of incidents be difficult to confront?
4. What is one resource that you could share with your peers to support best practices working with students of color who may be victims of silent tracking?
5. Resources may be from yearly conferences, websites, leaders in the field, peer-reviewed journal articles, blogs, etc., that support the issue at hand. Through this collaborative effort, you will be able to add resources from multiple perspectives that you can later include in your final assignment.
Our customer support team is here to answer your questions. Ask us anything!