- Introduction(300 words):
select a specific project management issue(s) found in the CATA4 study used on the course: You are required to identify and select a specific project management issue(s) found in the CATA4 case study and identify up to 3 academic concepts and principles introduced
on the course that can be used to examine and understand the issue. You are asked to pose structured questions that will help you explore the issue(s) identified.
- introduce the topic you are investigating/examining
- state the reasons why you have chosen the topic
- identify up to 3 academic concepts and principles introduced on the course that can be used to examine the issue
- generate questions that would help you examine/ explore the issue/topic/relevant literature • written in the first person
- Course concepts and principles(800 words): You are required to research more deeply and fully understand the identified course concepts and principles further.
- Which concepts, principles, tools, techniques, models are applicable – What is the strength of these concepts and principles? – Why did you choose these concepts and principles over others?
- Invovles additional research to promote deeper/fuller understanding of content applicable to practice
- Essentially this is a literature review
- You are to take a critical perspective rather than a descriptive regurgitation of the literature • Include approx. 10-15 academic (academic papers and text books etc.).
- The only section of the reflective practice paper that needs to written in a more formal academic style (see e.g. the background/literature review sections of academic papers)
- Insight and ideas(800 words): Reflective assessment: Development of insights and ideas. This is about linking theory to practice and is therefore the core of the reflective practice paper where you are asked to connect components A and B to generate new insights into how the project management issues examined could be performed more effectively.
- Link theory to practice (A-B)
- How can I apply the chosen concepts?
- What new insights emerge about the situation?
- What enablers and blockers are there?
- Insights into how: – the PM role can be performed more effectively – the activity can be performed more efficiently/effectively – the issue/problem can be explained by the literature and how it might be addressed differently in the future