Discuss the quotes or questions assigned to your class in literate, complete, and detailed essays.
1. “The Founding Fathers by constructing an almost unworkable constitutional system made the rise of political parties inevitable.”
2. “The minimum necessity for the existence of Political Parties is a serious difference of opinion over serious matters.” Please limit your answer to discussing either the events leading to the creation of the Whig Party, 1824-1840 or the events that lead to the creation of the modern Republican Party, 1850-1860. Do not focus on events prior to 1800.
3. Discuss in some detail the events leading up to the founding of American Political Parties. You would be well advised to mention the particular events that lead to the major political splits as well as mentioning the principal actors in this drama. Please end this essay with the election of 1800.
4. “Andrew Jackson was both Jeffersonian and Hamiltonian.”
5. “The last time we had ‘A choice instead of an echo’ was in 1860. The result was a Civil War.”