I. Muscle Contraction Studies
(Lab starts at 1:21:39)
1. Is tetany a normal reaction in skeletal muscle given a high frequency stimulus with adequate strength. Explain why this happens.
2. How does the optimal length determination help us better strategize strength training of muscles? How would you use this information to advise someone who intends to lift weights to develop muscle strength?
3. How do force and velocity relate to each other? Use your graph sketch to answer this question.
4. What happens to force and velocity relationship if the starting length of the muscle was reduced?
II. Basic Electrocardiogram
(Lab starts at 1:00:00)
1. What does the term bipolar lead mean with regards to ECG?
2. Why is a ventricular axis deviation of -60 degrees considered left ventricular hypertrophy (LVH) and +140 degrees right ventricular hypertrophy (RVH)?
3. What would happen to the QRS if there were a bundle branch block?
4. What are the complications of frequent PVCs?
5. TEST YOURSELF:
Using the ECG tracings below, assess what each tracing is demonstrating and come up with a clinical assessment as to the rhythm of the cardiac cycle and what that could mean in terms of the cardiac hemodynamics
(Lab started at 1:36:38)
What does the % TVC measurements imply? What does it mean if the 2nd and 3rd second values are very low given normally functional equipment and correct procedure?
IV. Blood Studies
(Lab started at 1:45:05)
1. How would you describe a typical RBC shape?
2. What is role of the RBC shape in gas transport?
3. What is the implication of high neutrophils and lymphocyte counts?
4. What is the implication of a greater than normal presence of juvenile neutrophils?
5. What is the implication of a greater than normal basophils? eosinophils?
V. RBC Count
1. What is the implication of a low hematocrit?
2. What is the implication of a high hematocrit?
3. What is the implication of a low or high MCV?
4. What is the implication of a low MCH?
VI. General Nerve Testing
1. Why does a Jendrassik improve the strength of a reflex?
2. Why is a brisk reflex i.e. +4/4 considered abnormal?
3. Why does a person with an Upper Motor Neuron lesion demonstrate a brisk reflex?
4. Why is assessment of vibratory sense important?
5. Was two point discrimination better on a finger tip or the back and/or back of neck area? How would you explain your empirical results?
VII. Cranial Nerve Testing
1. What are the implications in real life for anosmia (no sense of smell)?
2. Give a reason for eyes held in pinpoint miosis that are not reactive to light
3. Give a reason for eyes to be held in mydriasis that is not responsive to light.
4. What would be the nerve affected in a Herpes Simplex viral infection of the face? What would be the clinical signs and symptoms?
5. What cranial nerve is being affected in Trigeminal neuralgia? What would it its clinical signs?
6. What would be the nerve(s) affected in Ramsey-Hunt syndrome? What would be its clinical signs?
7. What issues can a palsy of the glossopharyngeal nerve create?
8. What issues can a hypoglossal nerve palsy create?
9. What issues can a vagus nerve palsy create?
VIII. Cerebral Testing
1. What was the basic concept on which the Stroop test is based?
2. What do the results of the Stroop test mean to you?
3. What do the results of Cerebral Preference Test mean for you?
4. Do you agree with the assessment or disagree? State at least one reason for either situation.
5. How would you use this information to “improve” your performance to say, do better for an exam in any given subject?
Compelling correspondence is essential to the achievement all things considered but since of the changing idea of the present working environments, successful correspondence turns out to be more troublesome, and because of the numerous impediments that will permit beneficiaries to acknowledge the plan of the sender It is restricted. Misguided judgments.In spite of the fact that correspondence inside the association is rarely completely open, numerous straightforward arrangements can be executed to advance the effect of these hindrances.
Concerning specific contextual analysis, two significant correspondence standards, correspondence channel determination and commotion are self-evident. This course presents the standards of correspondence, the act of general correspondence, and different speculations to all the more likely comprehend the correspondence exchanges experienced in regular daily existence. The standards and practices that you learn in this course give the premise to additionally learning and correspondence.
This course starts with an outline of the correspondence cycle, the method of reasoning and hypothesis. In resulting modules of the course, we will look at explicit use of relational connections in close to home and expert life. These incorporate relational correspondence, bunch correspondence and dynamic, authoritative correspondence in the work environment or relational correspondence. Rule of Business Communication In request to make correspondence viable, it is important to follow a few rules and standards. Seven of them are fundamental and applicable, and these are clear, finished, brief, obliging, right, thought to be, concrete. These standards are frequently called 7C for business correspondence. The subtleties of these correspondence standards are examined underneath: Politeness Principle: When conveying, we should build up a cordial relationship with every individual who sends data to us.
To be inviting and polite is indistinguishable, and politeness requires an insightful and amicable activity against others. Axioms are notable that gracious “pay of graciousness is the main thing to win everything”. Correspondence staff ought to consistently remember this. The accompanying standards may assist with improving courtesy:Preliminary considering correspondence with family All glad families have the mystery of progress. This achievement originates from a strong establishment of closeness and closeness. Indeed, through private correspondence these cozy family connections become all the more intently. Correspondence is the foundation of different affiliations, building solid partners of obedient devotion, improving family way of life, and assisting with accomplishing satisfaction (Gosche, p. 1). In any case, so as to keep up an amicable relationship, a few families experienced tumultuous encounters. Correspondence in the family is an intricate and alluring marvel. Correspondence between families isn’t restricted to single messages between families or verbal correspondence.
It is a unique cycle that oversees force, closeness and limits, cohesiveness and flexibility of route frameworks, and makes pictures, topics, stories, ceremonies, rules, jobs, making implications, making a feeling of family life An intelligent cycle that makes a model. This model has passed ages. Notwithstanding the view as a family and family automatic framework, one of the greatest exploration establishments in between family correspondence centers around a family correspondence model. Family correspondence model (FCP) hypothesis clarifies why families impart in their own specific manner dependent on one another ‘s psychological direction. Early FCP research established in media research is keen on how families handle broad communications data. Family correspondence was perceived as an exceptional scholastic exploration field by the National Communications Association in 1989. Family correspondence researchers were at first impacted by family research, social brain science, and relational hypothesis, before long built up the hypothesis and began research in a family framework zeroed in on a significant job. Until 2001, the primary issue of the Family Communication Research Journal, Family Communication Magazine, was given. Family correspondence is more than the field of correspondence analysts in the family. Examination on family correspondence is normally done by individuals in brain science, humanism, and family research, to give some examples models. However, as the popular family correspondence researcher Leslie Baxter stated, it is the focal point of this intelligent semantic creation measure making the grant of family correspondence special. In the field of in-home correspondence, correspondence is normally not founded on autonomous messages from one sender to one beneficiary, yet dependent on the dynamic interdependency of data shared among families It is conceptualized. The focal point of this methodology is on the shared trait of semantic development inside family frameworks. As such, producing doesn’t happen in vacuum, however it happens in a wide scope of ages and social exchange.
Standards are rules end up being followed when performing work to agree to a given objective. Hierarchical achievement relies significantly upon compelling correspondence. So as to successfully impart, it is important to follow a few standards and rules. Coming up next are rules to guarantee powerful correspondence: clearness: lucidity of data is a significant guideline of correspondence. For beneficiaries to know the message plainly, the messages ought to be sorted out in a basic language. To guarantee that beneficiaries can without much of a stretch comprehend the importance of the message, the sender needs to impart unmistakably and unhesitatingly so the beneficiary can plainly and unquestionably comprehend the data.>