Welcome to SPSS Worksheet and the Descriptive Statistics
Worksheet. To complete both worksheets, download the data sets from the Learning Resources and access
SPSS. In these worksheets, you follow step-by-step instructions on how to run or perform descriptive statistics
in SPSS. After you have conducted the descriptive statistic, you write the results in APA format in the
worksheet. An example is provided in the Descriptive Statistics Worksheet.
• Download the data sets located in the Learning Resources.
• Access SPSS.
• Complete the Welcome to SPSS Worksheet, found in the Learning Resources.
• Complete the Descriptive Statistic Worksheet, found in the Learning Resources.
Salkind, N. J., Frey, B. B. (2020c). Statistics for people who (think they) hate statistics (7th ed.). Sage.
• Part II, “Σigma Freud and Descriptive Statistics” (pp. 19–20)
• Chapter 2, “Computing and Understanding Averages” (pp. 20–40)
Post your responses to the following:
• Describe measures of central tendency.
• Explain how knowing this information helps you better understand a population.