Program Outcome #1: Explain how care for vulnerable populations is impacted by attitudes, values, beliefs and expectations. Recognize the significance of attitudes, values, and beliefs to promote health.
Program Outcome #2: Reflect on personal and professional actions that demonstrate leadership potential Recognize the purpose of quality improvement methods.
Program Outcome #3: Identify practice standards and their impact on patient outcomes. Describe the importance of using outcomes of care processes to continuously improve the quality and safety of health care. Identify relevant and credible sources, including technology, to inform the delivery of care.
The Minnesota Department of Health (2017) defines health equity as “a state of affairs where everyone has what they need to be healthy and no one is prevented from being as healthy as they can be by unjust or unfair barriers” (p. 1). The 2017 Minnesota Statewide Health Assessment report summarizes data of health inequities that exist in Minnesota, that is, who does not have what they need to be healthy. This health assessment report examined and quantified how quality of living, economics and racism has an influence on health outcomes.
1. Read the introduction in the 2017 Minnesota Statewide Health Assessment pp. 1-7. Choose one of the current Minnesota state health challenges and write a paper describing how the role of the nurse could impact improvement of health outcomes.
a. With a review of the literature, describing the health inequity and the issues contributing to the specific health challenge.
b. Explain how this vulnerable populations’ health is impacted by attitudes, values, and/or beliefs.
2. Choose an indicator related to one of the health improvement priorities from the Health Minnesota 2022 Statewide Health Improvement resource. (List summarized below). Describe how the role of the nurse would have an impact to improve quality, affordability and/or access specifically to meet the priority health indicator.
Healthy Minnesota 2022 Statewide Health Improvement
Priority 1: The opportunity to be healthy is available everywhere and for everyone
Key condition: Positive early life experience
• Ready for pre-kindergarten; third-grade reading levels
• Children living below poverty level by race/ethnicity, geography
• Families’ perceived social support
• Early childhood experiences of trauma by race/ethnicity and income
• Adverse childhood experiences, e.g., children with incarcerated parents
Key condition: Economic well-being
• Lifespan by zip code
• Unemployed Minnesotans by race/ethnicity, education, disability, geography
• Per capita income
• Cost burden of housing by race/ethnicity; homeownership by race/ethnicity, gender
• Residents under 65 without health insurance by race/ethnicity
• Strength and durability of economic supports (elderly, disabled, children, etc.)
Priority 2: Places and systems are designed for health and well-being
Key condition: Healthy surroundings
• Asthma emergency department visits by region
• Radon levels and exposures by income, housing type
• Access to recreational and nature opportunity; regional park usage by race/ethnicity
• Distance from large grocery store or supermarket; mobile food shelves
• Food supports for home-bound/disabled elderly; nutritious food supporting healthy aging
• Environmental noise levels
Key condition: Supportive systems
• Access to transportation: transit, street connectivity, walking and bicycling for transportation
• Access to paid sick and family leave
• Belonging in school; experience of bullying by race/ethnicity, income, disability, sexual orientation
• Supports for aging in place
• Diversity/availability of health care providers; infants given formula in the hospital
• Rates of uninsurance and underinsurance
Priority 3: All can participate in decisions that shape health and well-being
Key condition: Just and violence-free communities
• Rates of incarceration: Racial and ethnic disparities in Minnesota prisons and jails
• Rates of return to prison for technical violations
• Employment opportunities and hiring practices for former felons
• Experience of interpersonal violence, including child maltreatment, domestic violence, bullying, and
sexual assault, by age, gender, disability, race/ethnicity, sexual orientation, and income
• Adult experiences of trauma
Key condition: Engaged populations
• Civic and community engagement; voter participation; turnout by precinct; maps
• Volunteer participation by age group
• Language accessibility
Compelling correspondence is essential to the achievement all things considered but since of the changing idea of the present working environments, successful correspondence turns out to be more troublesome, and because of the numerous impediments that will permit beneficiaries to acknowledge the plan of the sender It is restricted. Misguided judgments.In spite of the fact that correspondence inside the association is rarely completely open, numerous straightforward arrangements can be executed to advance the effect of these hindrances.
Concerning specific contextual analysis, two significant correspondence standards, correspondence channel determination and commotion are self-evident. This course presents the standards of correspondence, the act of general correspondence, and different speculations to all the more likely comprehend the correspondence exchanges experienced in regular daily existence. The standards and practices that you learn in this course give the premise to additionally learning and correspondence.
This course starts with an outline of the correspondence cycle, the method of reasoning and hypothesis. In resulting modules of the course, we will look at explicit use of relational connections in close to home and expert life. These incorporate relational correspondence, bunch correspondence and dynamic, authoritative correspondence in the work environment or relational correspondence. Rule of Business Communication In request to make correspondence viable, it is important to follow a few rules and standards. Seven of them are fundamental and applicable, and these are clear, finished, brief, obliging, right, thought to be, concrete. These standards are frequently called 7C for business correspondence. The subtleties of these correspondence standards are examined underneath: Politeness Principle: When conveying, we should build up a cordial relationship with every individual who sends data to us.
To be inviting and polite is indistinguishable, and politeness requires an insightful and amicable activity against others. Axioms are notable that gracious “pay of graciousness is the main thing to win everything”. Correspondence staff ought to consistently remember this. The accompanying standards may assist with improving courtesy:Preliminary considering correspondence with family All glad families have the mystery of progress. This achievement originates from a strong establishment of closeness and closeness. Indeed, through private correspondence these cozy family connections become all the more intently. Correspondence is the foundation of different affiliations, building solid partners of obedient devotion, improving family way of life, and assisting with accomplishing satisfaction (Gosche, p. 1). In any case, so as to keep up an amicable relationship, a few families experienced tumultuous encounters. Correspondence in the family is an intricate and alluring marvel. Correspondence between families isn’t restricted to single messages between families or verbal correspondence.
It is a unique cycle that oversees force, closeness and limits, cohesiveness and flexibility of route frameworks, and makes pictures, topics, stories, ceremonies, rules, jobs, making implications, making a feeling of family life An intelligent cycle that makes a model. This model has passed ages. Notwithstanding the view as a family and family automatic framework, one of the greatest exploration establishments in between family correspondence centers around a family correspondence model. Family correspondence model (FCP) hypothesis clarifies why families impart in their own specific manner dependent on one another ‘s psychological direction. Early FCP research established in media research is keen on how families handle broad communications data. Family correspondence was perceived as an exceptional scholastic exploration field by the National Communications Association in 1989. Family correspondence researchers were at first impacted by family research, social brain science, and relational hypothesis, before long built up the hypothesis and began research in a family framework zeroed in on a significant job. Until 2001, the primary issue of the Family Communication Research Journal, Family Communication Magazine, was given. Family correspondence is more than the field of correspondence analysts in the family. Examination on family correspondence is normally done by individuals in brain science, humanism, and family research, to give some examples models. However, as the popular family correspondence researcher Leslie Baxter stated, it is the focal point of this intelligent semantic creation measure making the grant of family correspondence special. In the field of in-home correspondence, correspondence is normally not founded on autonomous messages from one sender to one beneficiary, yet dependent on the dynamic interdependency of data shared among families It is conceptualized. The focal point of this methodology is on the shared trait of semantic development inside family frameworks. As such, producing doesn’t happen in vacuum, however it happens in a wide scope of ages and social exchange.
Standards are rules end up being followed when performing work to agree to a given objective. Hierarchical achievement relies significantly upon compelling correspondence. So as to successfully impart, it is important to follow a few standards and rules. Coming up next are rules to guarantee powerful correspondence: clearness: lucidity of data is a significant guideline of correspondence. For beneficiaries to know the message plainly, the messages ought to be sorted out in a basic language. To guarantee that beneficiaries can without much of a stretch comprehend the importance of the message, the sender needs to impart unmistakably and unhesitatingly so the beneficiary can plainly and unquestionably comprehend the data.>