Read Friedrich de la Motte Fouqué’s Undine and answer the following questions:
1. In what way is this a fairy tale, in what way not a fairy tale? Can this question be approached both
thematically and formally? (Note: “formally” means: the form of the story.) 2-3 sentences
2. How would you describe the spatial semantics of the story? (1-2 sentences)
3. Who is the main character? And why does that question matter? (1-2 sentences)
4. What is the relationship between Undine and Bertalda? (1-2 sentences)
5. How would you describe the changes that happen to Undine after the wedding? (1-2 sentences)
6. How does this version compare to Hans Christian Andersen’s “The Little Mermaid”? (You might also
consider how it compare’s to the Disney film, if you’ve seen it already.) 2-3 sentences
7.What features seem to reflect Romanticism?
Our customer support team is here to answer your questions. Ask us anything!