The purpose of this qualitative case study is to explore middle-school educators’ perceptions regarding CPR implementation to aid in the reduction of the achievement gap in the United States. The specific population is a sample of 10-12 middle-school educators in the Southern region of the United States. The aim of this research is to address the problem which is that educators’ perceptions regarding CRP implementation are not known, although these perceptions may aid the reduction of the achievement gap (Howard et al., 2017; Milner, 2017). The constructs of this study will be the three pillars of CRP (academic achievement, cultural competence, and socio-political consciousness; Howard et al., 2017). Data collection will be conducted through semi-structured interviews, a single focus group, and observations with educators in the classroom. Data will be analyzed thematically following Clark and Braun’s (2019) six-step guideline
For your Signature Assignment, you will:
- Improve your problem statement, purpose sentence, purpose statement, and rationale for your method and research approach according to the previous feedback you received from your professor.
- Provide a complete rationale for how and why the method and design you chose were the best choices for your study and how they align with your problem and purpose sentence.
- Support the data collection procedure and measurement strategies.
- Ensure your selection and description of variables/constructs you will gather.
- Discuss how the variables/constructs will be measured and how they will be evaluated to ensure validity/reliability (quantitative) or trustworthiness (qualitative) as well as how they contribute to the internal alignment of the overall research design.
- Develop the strategies you will use to select and ethically treat your study participants:
a. How will you choose them (number and sampling method)?
b. What type of participants (e.g., teachers, administrators, students, parents, other) or combinations of participants are needed to support your study?
c. How will you ethically treat the participants?