1) Discuss the developmental stages according to Piaget and give an example of
each. How does assimilation and accommodation factor in? For full credit, be
sure to not only discuss the general age range associated with each stage but the
major accomplishments that mark each stage.
2) Discuss the developmental stages according to Erikson up through adolescence.
How does Erikson’s theory compare to Freud’s psychosexual stages of
development? For full credit, offer a discussion of each of Erikson’s stages
including the general age range associated with each stage and give at least two
ways that Freud’s stages are similar to Erikson’s and two ways that they are
3) Examine one of the most prominent psychological disorders at each of the
following life stages: pre-school, the school years, adolescence. For full credit
include the major symptoms of each disorder and include notation as to why it is
more common at this particular age than at another age ‘bracket.’
4) Discuss the major trends and changes in the rate of growth from birth through
adolescence. For full credit be sure to include the most and least rapid periods of
growth and the major change that we are likely to note with regards to biological
development at each of the following ages: infancy, toddlerhood, pre-schooler,
school-aged years, adolescence
5) Throughout the semester we have discussed the ways in which males and females
may or may not differ from one anther with regards to development. Discuss
three ways in which males and females may or may not differ using your choice
of psychological, cognitive or physical development. For full credit be sure to
include the general age ‘bracket’ where appropriate, that this would pertain to.
6) Discuss each of Freud’s psychosexual stages of development and for full credit,
include the erogenous zone and the general age ‘bracket’ that the stage refers to
and explain what can happen if fixation results at each stage.
7) Consider language acquisition. What are the main ‘phases’ and their respective
ages that all children will pass through? For full credit be sure to include the
‘critical period’ in your answer as well as a means of both enhancing and slowing