1. Hook: to catch the reader�s attention: could be either:
a. A famous quote
b. A statistic
c. A short anecdote (small story)
d. A question
e. An interesting fact or observation
2. Connecting Information: 3 � 5 sentences PRESENTING THE PROBLEM (say what the problem is and what is it causing)
a. Don�t mention any SOLUTIONS here
b. Pretend your reader has no idea about your topic
3. Thesis Statement: it is your main idea for the WHOLE ESSAY:
a. Example: This essay will discuss/tackle/look into the issue of traffic by presenting two possible solutions for it.
2- Evidence: How do we know climate change is real?
3- Causes: why is climate change happening?
4- Effects: what are the effects of climate change?
5- Solutions: what is being done to solve climate change?
1. Summary: summarize the main solutions of your essay (no details or examples and no new information)
2. Opinion: which solution in your opinion is better and why
3. Final comment: make a suggestion, a prediction, or a recommendation
Your essay should be between 4 to 5 pages (the size of your text should be 12).
Don�t forget to add your references at the end of the essay.