Pick a case or subject for your 2nd case study from the topics in the Mckinsey Global Institute reading in Blackboard. If you want to work on another topic email me so I can ok it.
Steps in Ethical Case Analysis
1. Get the facts straight. Review the case. Briefly recap the details of the case at the beginning of your paper.
2. Identify the central stakeholders in the case. Identify 6 stakeholders then narrow your analysis down to 3.
3. Identify the technical/professional problem in the case.
4. Identify the Ethical problem or problems in the case.
5. Solve the technical and ethical problems using both technical and Ethical standards. Analyze the case from 3 perspectives, use 1 ethical principle for each perspective. In Addition, you must now also apply 3 principles from the ACM code of ethics in your analysis. 1 principle should be applied for each of the 3 stakeholder perspectives you analyze. You are now applying 6 ethical principles in your analysis, 3 philosophical ethical principles and 3 principles from the code of ethics.
6. Will your solution to the problem withstand criticism from the perspectives of both a variety of Ethical principles and Professionals in your field?
7. What recommendations can you make about the problems in the case based upon your ethical analysis?
When you construct your analysis be sure and remember that we are assigning a 3-4 page analysis. With this length limitation, it is important to realize that you will probably only be able to look at the problems in the case from three stakeholder perspectives. If you try to analyze every stakeholder perspective you will probably exceed the length limitation.